School of Computer Science Laboratory Policy
Prohibited Expression (verbal, whiteboards etc)
- racist, homophobic or sexist (or creating a sexualized environment)
- promoting stereotypes of persons with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, lesbians, gays, bisexual, or transgendered persons
- ridiculing or promoting intolerance towards any religion
- Excessive noise, i.e. any noise beyond normal conversation that disrupts the work of other lab users, is prohibited at all times.
- Recreational use of computers, projectors and televisions (games, videos, movies etc) is prohibited between 8:30am and 4:30pm on weekdays, and also outside these hours when it would interfere with the work of other students.
- Using the speakers provided with lab computers, monitors or projection systems is prohibited. Head/ear phones must be used. The only exception is when there is a work-related need for more than one person to hear the sound from a single source at the same time.
- everything except for dry snack foods, and drinks in closed containers (e.g. water/juice/soda bottles)
- The SCS computer labs are for the use of SCS students, staff and faculty only.
- The labs you have access to is determined by the courses and program you are enrolled in. You should not use any other labs. See the Computer Laboratories page for details.
- Multiple simultaneous logins on the same user account are prohibited.